Peppermint Use and Benefits
The power of peppermint
As a child growing up peppermint was used by my parents to take away gas pains. I remembered my mom or dad would bring a cup of water to boil, add about a teaspoon of peppermint, along with a few sprinkles of black pepper and sugar and give it to me to drink.
In our home, we called it peppermint tea and it really did work wonders. Peppermint has a cooling effect and a pleasant taste with a nice aroma. Well, that was my childhood days and even to this day peppermint has not lost its touch.
peppermint is still used and enjoyed by many people worldwide. Peppermint comes from the peppermint plant, I was so amazed years ago when I found this out that a plant could produce such a pleasant odor as peppermint. To learn more about how to grow a peppermint plant follow this link.
My mother-in-law grew this plant in her yard also the five-star resort that I worked for many years ago grew this plant as part of their garden feature. At first, it was pretty strange to see a plant that had the aroma of peppermint but I was also excited at the same time.
Some products that contain peppermint
Here are a few products that contain peppermint
1. Peppermint gums and candies are a great breath freshener.
2. Peppermint tea bags can be used to relieve gas pains.
3. Peppermint is also used to make Jelly.
4. Peppermint mouthwash not only freshens your breath but also kills germs.
5. Some products that contain peppermint does not only cleanse your skin but has a cooling effect.
6. Peppermint foot treatments.
7. Peppermint hand creams.
8. Peppermint soaps.
9. Peppermint flavoring for meat.
10. Peppermint sprays.
These are just a few of the products that contain peppermint.
l. Freshen your breath.
2. Relieves gas pain.
3. Studies have shown that the aroma of peppermint can increase memory.
4. Peppermint can help to fight diarrhea.
5. Peppermint can help to relieve headaches.
6. Inhaling peppermint can help to clear a clogged nasal passage.
7. It can help to stop the vomiting and settle the stomach.
8. Studies have shown that peppermint can help fight against herpes.
9. Peppermint can help to relieve coughs and colds.
10. Peppermint sprays can keep rodents and insects out of your house and garden areas.
11. It helps to reduce fever.
12. Peppermint has also been known as an immune booster.
These are some of the benefits of the power of peppermint.
The final word
Peppermint does not only have a beautiful aroma and taste but its healing effects are awesome, If you have never tried peppermint products before then I encourage you to try these products that have so many benefits.