Planting A Spring Garden
A garden fit for a king
Spring is such a wonderful time when nature seems to awake from her long nap. As the cold winter’s ice begins to melt, the animals waking up from their sleep, the birds chirping, butterflies in their array of colors take to the sky
as the bees move about from plant to plant all this spells spring and lets us know that it is time to pull out those garden gloves and tools as we are once again in our gardens connecting with and giving nature a helping hand.
what I love about working in the great outdoors is getting that much needed exercise in such a peaceful and relax way and watching as my garden begins to bloom and flourish in an array of colors that is just mind blowing which says to me, you have done a great job and nature has given you her seal of approval.
Types of gardens
I don’t know which garden you have or are planning to construct but there are many to choose from. From flower gardens to herb gardens, fruits, and even vegetable gardens, container gardens and so on but whatever garden you decide on, make it a great year as you work on your garden project and reap the rewards of your harvest.
Planting a spring garden
In this article, however, we will be focusing on the top seven best veggies to plant in your spring garden
Top seven best vegetables to plant in your spring garden
Carrot is a veggie that is included in so many food recipes. Carrots can also be eaten raw or cooked. Adding these babies to your garden is really great as you not only enjoy the taste but the many benefits they have.
Corn is one of my favorites because growing corn is simple. As a child growing up these were included in my garden and I really enjoyed the fruits of my labor. Adding corn to your spring garden is a must.
Give this veggie a try in your spring garden and enjoy its mouth water flavors as you reap its benefits
Onions are so delicious, even though it makes me cry when I a peeling and slicing them these veggies are so tasty eaten raw in salads or cooked. This veggie is very popular and has worked its way into so many kitchens around the world.
Filled with vitamins and other benefits onions top the list for me. I can just smell the aroma of fried onions what a pleasant scent as you prepared those delicious meals.
Potatoes are another popular veggie that has earned its way into the heart of so many. Potatoes taste great especially when baked or broil with cheese. This vegetable can benefit you also
in so many ways, so make them a part of your spring garden and reap a harvest of these veggies.
Garden success tips
- Have a plan, knowing what you want will make your spring garden planting easier
- For a successful spring garden, it is best to use an organic soil mix or start a compost pile
- Know your plant’s water requirements
- Knowing your soil ph is so important
- Have some knowledge of garden pest
- Having some knowledge of pruning is good
- Slow release fertilizer
- Quick release fertilizer
- Organic fertilizer
- Controlling insects with birds
- Releasing and keeping beneficial insects in your garden
Winning the war or weeds
Mulches and their benefits
Mulches are really great because of what it can do so by adding mulch to your spring garden will really help your garden plants.
Garden safety tips
While it is great to work in our gardens it is also good to play it safe. Here are some safety tips as you work in your spring garden.
. The first rule to remember at all times and that is safety first this is where proper planning comes in no matter how small the job may be.
2. Have a plan for where you are working exp… working on slopes, working near overhead power lines or electrical lines in the ground can be dangerous.
3. Be mindful of waterlines as well as irrigation lines.
4. Watch out for uneven grounds.
5. Wait until the grounds are dried from rains or heavy dew. A former co-worker went out on the hotel grounds one morning making his regular checks, slipped on the grass that was wet and broked his leg. Talk about a freak accident.
6. Always read and follow the instructions of power tools before using and make sure that these tools are in good condition.
7. Wear long clothing to protect from sun or use sunscreen to protect skin.
8. The proper footwear such as Gardening boots.
9. Gardening gloves.
10. Goggles to protect your eyes.
11. Ear muffs or ear plugs when using power tools such as lawnmowers, chainsaw trimmers etc…
12. Safety belt to support your back especially if the project requires a lot of lifting.
13. Carry tools in a wheel burrow for ease and comfort.
14 Get help if the project requires more hands.
15. Keep body hydrated by drinking lots of water.
16. Eat a healthy meal before starting work and wait for 10-15 minutes before working.
17. Takes 5-minute breaks, allow your self these breaks especially if the temperature is high and the workload is great. Find a cool or shaded area.
18. Wearing a hat can help keep you cool when working in the heat.
19. Have a first aid kit close by.
20. Keep insect spray close by for, exp. wasp. hornets etc…
21. Never leave tools laying on the ground you might trip on them which may cause injury.
Planting a spring garden is really amazing because there are so many benefits that we can get as we connect with nature in such a wonderful way watching as our gardens grow and reaping the fruits of our labor.