Plant Gel Works Wonders
It is so good to know that there are many amazing products that are on the market that make life so much easier for us. In this article, we will be looking at plant gel and how this has been of great benefit to so many people including myself.
Many years ago I worked at a five-star resort and some of my responsibilities were not only to care for the plants in the nursery and interior but also to make sure that the plants on the grounds were well-taken care of.
I know what you are thinking and yes you are right, I wore many hats because of the many responsibilities I had to carry out. The first time I was introduced to planting gel was a project that I was helping to undertake.
I had not seen it before but was rather curious and inquired about it and I must tell you, I was pretty amazed at what was explained to me and I was also a bit excited to try this product myself.
Planting gel power
Plant gel is as the name says, it is a gel that is clear and feels like jello. The awesome part about this gel is that you can use it in so many ways, for example, We used this gel to help conserve plant moisture.
What we did was dig the planting hole followed by using about 1 cup of gel per hole, more can be used however according to the size of the planting hole. Next, we added the plant and backfilled with soil.
And what this gel did as discuss earlier was to help retain water for plants to uptake which I think is really beneficial to plant life.
Other use of plant gel
1. Plant gel can be used instead of soil in the case of using potted plants.
2. Plant gel can also absorb and retain liquid fertilizer for plant use.
3. Plant gel can be used for decorative display. Turn it whatever color you want, add to a clear decorative pot and install plant.
4. Decreases the amount of watering being used because of its water holding ability.
5. Helps to aerate the soil.
6. Plant gel is 100% biodegradable and odorless.
7. Has a lifespan of up to 5-7 years.
I believe that this list says it all about this planting gel that can get the job gone.
Give this gel a try, I am sure you will be glad that you did as you see this gel go to work for you and I promise you, your plants will perform at their best.