Sleep A Natural Way To Bring Healing
We all know there is nothing like a good night’s sleep, It so amazes me how sleep can do our bodies so much good in fact according to research we should get 6-8 hours of sleep each night. I remember there were times when I was not feeling so good but after getting some sleep I felt so much better.
We all need sleep, including insects and animals. When it comes to plants though they don’t sleep yet they go through a rest period to be rejuvenated so in a way just as we rest by sleeping to be rejuvenated plants rest also and are rejuvenated. It is just something about sleep that causes our bodies to go through a rejuvenation process making us feel energized.
There are many persons that have all sorts of health issues and if the truth could be told many of those health issues can be traced back to a lack of sleep. Tossing and turning all night and then when you are about to be carried off by Mr. Sandman it is time to get up. Persons that experience sleeping disorders are a danger to themselves and those they work around including society. What can a lack of sleep cause?
Plants that help you sleep better
The danger of a lack of sleep
1. Lack of sleep cause persons to be unalert which has caused so many accidents and unfortunately deaths.
2. It can cause a person to be unproductive at work or in the home.
3. It can cause so many health issues.
4. Will contribute to high blood pressure.
5. Lack of sleep will cause memory loss.
6. Lack of sleep kills sex drive.
7. May cause heart failure.
8. Trouble concentrating and thinking.
9. Lack of sleep can cause a heart attack.
10. Low energy drive.
Plants that help you sleep better
The good news is there are many plants that can aid in helping to get those Zs. Bringing these plants on the indoor will also clean the air making it fit to breathe as you seek to improve your sleep pattern.
Here are a few plants that can work wonders for you.
1. Snake plant or mother in law tongue is a drought-tolerant plant which means it survives on very little water. This plant not only cleans the air but helps to give a good night’s rest.
2. Jasmine has such a sweet aroma. This aroma emanates especially on cool nights with a light breeze. Studies have shown that the scent of the jasmine plant helps to induce sleep.
3. Aloe Vera is known for its many medical usages. But Aloe Vera also has the ability to induce sleep, it improves the air circulation at night time by producing oxygen which contributes to a good night’s sleep.
4. Lavenders are beautiful plants that have many benefits including inducing sleep. The secret to inducing sleep is its amazing fragrance.
5. Peace lilies are very beautiful plants that can help you catch up on those Zs. The moisture that is given off by these plants can boost the humidity of a room by 5 % which will clean the air ensuring that you get that much-needed rest.
6. Spider plants do not only clean the air of toxins but will also absorb fumes and odors making it easy to breathe which will contribute to a good night’s rest.
7. English ivy can be used as a specimen plant or as an undergrowth around potted plants but what I love about this plant is the English ivy has the ability to remove mold from the air that can cause an allergic reaction which can interfere with sleep.
The benefits of getting a good nights sleep
1. Sufficient sleep will improve your sex drive.
2. Will have you bursting with energy.
3. A good night’s sleep will cause you to be alert.
4. Your productivity will be improved.
5. Sleep will cause you to be in a better state emotionally.
6. A good night’s sleep will reduce stress.
7. A healthy heart is also promoted through a goods night’s sleep.
8. Want to improve your memory, getting sufficient sleep can help.
9. Sleep will lower your blood pressure which I believe is so good.
10. Getting the required amount of sleep can help you to live longer.
11. Will help to maintain weight.
12. The body repairs it’s self because of getting sufficient sleep.
The final word
Who says that you have to toss and turn all night when the solution is at your fingertips. These plants will ensure that you get a good night’s rest along with purifying the air creating conditions that will put you in the right position to catch up on that much-needed rest.
About the author
Norman loves being in the garden, both at home and for his job....
he is 'Natures Little helper' being outdoors, growing his vegetables and flowers from an early age.
Now having spent over 22 years in the profession he want to give some of his knowledge to others...
his vast array of hints and tips you will find scattered over this site will help you no end growing plants in your garden.