A Delicious that’s Healthy Snack
I love raisin because they can be added to pancakes, bread, cookies vegetable and fruit salads, chocolates, pies, etc… or you can eat them just as they are. As a child, this was one of my favorite snacks that I really enjoyed.
But the flip side of the coin is that raisins are really healthy and have some great benefits. So a diet of raisins will give you the best of both worlds the great taste and the healthy side of it.
Kids worldwide enjoy this healthy treat, as I am writing this post I am remembering the many childhood days of eating and enjoying this wonderful snack.
Fun Facts about Raisins
Here are some fun facts about raisins that I know you will enjoy.
1. Raisins are dried grapes.
2. Some Raisins are seedless like the Thompsons seedless.
3. Half of the world’s raisins are grown in California.
4. It is believed that raisins have been around 1490BC.
5. It takes more than 4 tons of grapes to produce 1 ton of raisins.
6. Raisins can be yellow, blue, green, purple, or black.
7. In ancient times the Romans used raisins on a wide scale to fight sickness.
Vitamins that are found in raisins
Raisins are a good source of vitamins, these vitamins are Vitamin C, Vitamin B1, B2 and B3, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, dietary fiber, antioxidants, proteins, flavonoids, polyphenols.
Raisins health benefits
Raisins health benefits are as followed
1. Promotes strong bones.
2. Aid is eye health.
3. It helps to fight cancers.
4. Aids in a good bowel movement.
5. It helps to promote good digestion.
6. Believe it or not but raisins can help with weight gain in a good way.
7. Raisins can help fight infections.
8. Promotes healthy skin.
9. It can be used as a quick energy booster.
10. Promotes healthy hair.
11. Raisins are good for your heart.
12. It lowers blood pressure.
13. Promotes healthy kidneys.
I can go on with a number of benefits that raisins are good for but I think that you can see now why this dried fruit is a superfood.
The final word
Raisins can and do work wonders this is is a superfood that is out there and is doing a whole lot of good to help to ensure that we maintain good health. So including raisins in your diet will be of great benefit.
About the author
Norman loves being in the garden, both at home and for his job....
he is 'Natures Little helper' being outdoors, growing his vegetables and flowers from an early age.
Now having spent over 22 years in the profession he want to give some of his knowledge to others...
his vast array of hints and tips you will find scattered over this site will help you no end growing plants in your garden.