12 benefits of drinking rosemary tea
Rosemary Herb has an amazing aroma and the flavors of this herb are truly out of this world. I learned about this herb many years ago, since then I have been stuck on rosemary and used it ever since.
I believe for anyone who wants to wake up or spruce up their dishes giving it that WOW this herb is key. Word of caution here rosemary is very powerful and using too much of it can really give your foods a bitterish taste so use in moderation when preparing those dishes.
Cooking with rosemary herb
A few ideas when cooking with this herb.
Rosemary can be added to your
- Steam foods
- Bake foods
- Broil foods
When using rosemary in steamed foods and rice it is always good to allow herbs to fry or simmer somewhat in order to get that full delicious flavor.
Seasoning my Christmas turkey
Every Christmas I am the one that is chosen to season the Christmas turkey because my family loves how it tastes and to be honest with you not say bragging it really is off the chain or in other words it tastes really awesome and one of the ingredients that I use to make this wonder turkey is rosemary.
For more on how I season my famous Christmas turkey that is so mouthwatering, moist, and truly delicious subscribe to my email list for the full recipe, Just go to my homepage and subscribe, trust me you will be glad that you did. You have not tasted a moist delicious turkey until you try my recipe. It is just finger-licking good.
How to make rosemary tea for natural healing
Rosemary herb is known for its flavor and many health benefits, but how do we make this herbal tea that has proven to bring natural healing?
- Use rosemary leaves dried or fresh
- A cup of hot water
- A teaspoon
- Honey or sugar
1. Bring water to boil.
2. Add a teaspoon of rosemary to the cup.
3. Add hot water and let rosemary simmer for 5 minutes
4. Strain and add a little honey or sugar.
If you allow the rosemary to sit for more than 5 minutes before straining, tea will have a bitter taste. Remember rosemary has such strong flavors and too much can be overbearing.
Note: For pregnant and nursing mothers consult your doctor before drinking this tea, also for those who may be on medication check with your doctor first before tea consumption.
Rosemary tea health benefits
Rosemary has many health benefits here are a few that I am sure you will love.
1. Freshen your breath- Rosemary can be used as an antibacterial agent and also freshen your breath. Let rosemary sit in a cup of warm water for 10 minutes then swish around in your mouth for a few seconds.
2. Rosemary is rich in antioxidants that help to rid the body of free radicals, rosemary also has inflammatory properties that help to improve blood circulation and boost the immune system.
3. Studies have shown that rosemary helps in the fight against cancers.
4. It is suggested that rosemary helps to improve the digestive system.
5. Rosemary has been known to detoxify the body.
6. Studies have shown that rosemary helps to improve brain functions.
7. Rosemary is said to improve lung health.
8. Rosemary tea has been known to fight the cold and the flu.
9. Rosemary has healing properties that help to fight Alzheimer’s in the elderly.
10. Rosemary extracts have been known to protect the skin from UV damage.
11. Rosemary helps to reduce cough symptoms.
12. Rosemary is said to prevent our blood from clotting.
The list of benefits can go on but these are just a few of the many health benefits of the rosemary herb.
Rosemary fun facts
Some fun facts about the rosemary herb
1. Rosemary is derived from the Latin word Rosmarinus, meaning, “dew of the sea” or “mist of the sea.
2. Many insect pests hate the smell of rosemary and because of this rosemary acts as a repellent in many home gardens.
3. Rosemary is a perennial plant and can live in the wild for more than 3 years.
4. Rosemary can go for a long time without water.
5. Many cosmetics use rosemary as a part of their ingredients.
6. It is said that rosemary makes a green-yellow dye
The final world
This list of benefits I believe speaks to this herb and what it can do besides its strong flavor that gives foods that WOW. Including this herb in your diet is a must as you seek to promote your health.
What I love about rosemary is you can grow it in your home garden. Both my wife and I have a herb garden where we grow herbs and among those herbs is the rosemary herb. Nothing gives a good feeling than to be able to harvest this herb from your garden.
So go ahead and grow this herb you will be happy that you did. A link has been provided and will give you insights on how to grow rosemary along with other herbs that are also beneficial to our health.
About the author
Norman loves being in the garden, both at home and for his job....
he is 'Natures Little helper' being outdoors, growing his vegetables and flowers from an early age.
Now having spent over 22 years in the profession he want to give some of his knowledge to others...
his vast array of hints and tips you will find scattered over this site will help you no end growing plants in your garden.