Tree uses and benefits
It is very interesting to know how trees have served us from the days of our ancestors. Trees have always and is still benefiting us in so many ways and the truth of the matter is humans are depending on trees to survive.
But sadly over the years trees including some forest have been totally destroyed to make way for buildings and other projects. But what we need to understand is that trees help bring balance to the environment.
I believe one reason why our planet is becoming unstable is that of the destruction of trees.
Trees have been used and are still being used for fuel, to make houses, furniture, helps to sustain wildlife etc…. as we cut down trees for our use we should at least plant two so as they grow and mature they will bring stability to our environment.
Can you imagine planet earth being depleted of trees, I know I Can’t. But what are some of the other benefits of trees?
Benefits of trees
1. Trees help to break wind speed, in some cases winds from storms.
2. Trees help to filter and purify the air that we breathe.
3. large trees can keep your home cool. An example of this is an apartment that I lived in many years ago had a big tree in the backyard that was spread over a portion of my bedroom. But what was so amazing was that the front part of my apartment was extremely hot during hot summer months but when I walk into my bedroom it was so cool and then I realized, the front of my apartment was hot because it had no shade from the tree which causes to be a difference in temperature. So having a few large trees that shade your home doing extremely hot weather can keep your home cool thereby helping you to save money on that electric bill by not Turing on the fan or air condition.
4. Trees save water. Planting grass and landscape plant under partly shaded trees can conserve water for your plants.
5. Nicley grooms trees can increase the value of your landscape.
6. Trees help to prevent soil erosion by holding soil in place and slowing water runoff.
7. Trees can protect from ultraviolet rays, just by stepping out of the sun and under a cool shaded tree
8. Heavy dense trees can protect from rainfall.
9. Some trees produce foods like apple trees, orange trees etc…
10. Trees provide a home for wildlife
11. Trees provide jobs. lumber companies and carvers make a living by working with wood.
12. Clusters of trees can reduce sound and noise.
13. Trees can be used to screen unattractive areas.
So we have learned the many uses of trees, let’s do our part plant a tree and help bring balance to our environment.