Using Trees in the Landscapes and Gardens
It is very interesting to know how trees have served us from the days of our ancestors. Trees have always and are still benefiting us in so many ways and the truth of the matter is humans are depending on trees to survive.
But sadly over the years trees including some forest have been totally destroyed to make way for buildings and other projects. But what we need to understand is trees help bring balance to the environment.
I believe one reason why our planet is becoming unstable is that of the destruction of trees.
Trees have been used and are still being used for fuel, to make houses, furniture, helps to sustain wildlife, etc…. as we cut down trees for our use we should at least plant two so as they grow and mature they will bring stability to our environment.
Can you imagine planet earth being depleted of trees, I know I Can’t. But what are some of the other benefits of trees?
Benefits of trees
1. Trees help to break wind speed, in some cases winds from storms.
2. Trees help to filter and purify the air that we breathe.
3. Large trees can keep your home cool. An example of this is an apartment I lived in many years ago that had a big tree in the backyard that was spread over a portion of my bedroom. But what was so amazing was the front part of my apartment was extremely hot during the summer months but when I walked into my bedroom it was so cool. This was going on for weeks as far as I could remember and then I realized, the front of my apartment was hot because it had no shade from the tree which caused the temperature to be different. So having a few large trees that shade your home doing extremely hot weather can keep your home which can save you money on that electric bill by not Turing on the fan or air condition.
4. Trees save water. Planting grass and landscape plant under partially shaded trees can conserve water for your plants.
5. Nicely grooms trees can increase the value of your landscape.
6. Trees help to prevent soil erosion by holding soil in place and slowing water runoff.
7. Trees can protect from ultraviolet rays, just by stepping out of the sun and under a cool shaded tree
8. Heavy dense trees can protect from rainfall.
9. Some trees produce foods like apple trees, orange trees, etc…
10. Trees provide a home for wildlife
11. Trees provide jobs. lumber companies and woodcarvers make a living by working with wood.
12. Clusters of trees can reduce sound and noise.
13. Trees can be used to screen unattractive areas.
The final word
So we have learned the many uses of trees, let’s do our part to plant a tree and help bring balance to our environment.
About the author
Norman loves being in the garden, both at home and for his job....
he is 'Natures Little helper' being outdoors, growing his vegetables and flowers from an early age.
Now having spent over 22 years in the profession he want to give some of his knowledge to others...
his vast array of hints and tips you will find scattered over this site will help you no end growing plants in your garden.