Urban Garden Support
A hot trend that’s taking over cities and countries by storm if I can use that word is urban gardening, urban gardening has become popular because it focuses on the development and maintenance of gardening through the effects of the community to ensure that there would always be an abundance of fresh food for the community.
Many cities and countries are starting to look like a mini forest as plants begin to emerge from concrete jungles atop building roofs, porches, patios and even vacant lots. Urban gardens can be of any size, whether planting plants in pots that is a twist of container gardening.
To turning large vacant lots into farmhouses, many persons really like and is buying into this idea which is growing rapidly because of the need and the demand for more food production that is of good quality.
Benefits of urban gardening
1. Increase greenery- An advantage to urban gardening is when growing plants in these populated areas, where the air is filled with toxins from cars and factories, fumes from gas-powered tools etc… the presence of plants helps to pull impurities out of the air so the air can be safer to breathe.
2. Urban gardening helps with the increase of food production-No longer do communities have to depend on their local supermarket alone, urban gardening now provides a means by which more foods are produced therefore putting less demand for food production from other sources.
3. Fresh foods-Urban garden ensures that you are getting fresh foods that are produced and provided for locally.
4. Pricing-It is good to know that because of the collective efforts of the community that takes on these projects persons can save that little extra.
5. Unity-Urban garden projects help to bring the community together as one which unites people.
6. Exercise-It is good to get that heart rate up, gardening is a form of exercise, therefore those that are involved have that added benefit of getting a good work out.
7. A sense of pride-Just to stand back and to see that you are a part of something great through the collective effect of each individual.
8. Travel time-Urban gardening can save the community travel time, because what you need is just a hand pick or step away.
9. Next generation-Urban gardening trains the next generation of survival and working together as one to accomplish goals, no matter how big.
10. Shade -These gardens may also help to produce shade.
11. Having total control-The community can grow its own foods without the use of pesticides, which is an added benefit.
12. Get away from it all- Urban garden can provide a peaceful place to relax.
Examples of urban gardening
The final Word
Urban Gardens are doing a whole lot of good as it provides for families. The idea of coming together as a community and putting projects together like this is certainly changing the lives of many persons as they introduce these ideas to their countries and cities
that is proving to be of great benefit and value, It is just awesome how these gardens are impacting lives in a positive way. Persons are now seeing the importance of using these methods as a means to provide for their families as well as the community. This is a good way also to give nature a helping hand.
Urban gardens are here to stay, so let’s do our part and also get involved, making a great contribution both to our families and the community. Urban gardens, now that’s smart gardening.