10 amazing health benefits of yogurt
The dairy aisles of just about every supermarket are beautifully displayed with assorted brands of yogurts from every flavor you can imagine. I am always amazed when browsing this section, it seems as if the demand for yogurt has increased because of the many health benefits they offer.
Yogurts are delicious and have such a soothing effect. Many years ago after graduating from high school, I worked as a busboy at a resort and one of the things I remembered was yogurts of all flavors that were a part of the breakfast menu which the guest took advantage of.
Although yogurt can be eaten at any time of the day it seems that this popular food is eaten mostly during breakfast hour. Yogurt makes a healthy treat in the evening just before bedtime so if you crave a snack just before calling it a day then yogurt makes a great choice.
I love yogurt and have enjoyed them for years. I love their many flavors but one of my favorites is a pina colada. Now that I am married with a family my wife ensures that there is always yogurt on our table after a trip from the supermarket.
You may be asking the question what does yogurt have to do with a gardening and landscaping website, well here at Eden’s Garden one of our goals is to teach you about the healthy side of fruits, herbs, and veggies that are found in many products we use and benefit from so greatly, yogurt being one of them.
With that said it’s now on to the benefits of including yogurt in our diet that has proven to promote good health.
10 amazing health benefits of yogurts
1.Yogurt is great for weight control. We live in a world where many people are facing health issues because of having a poor diet. Unhealthy snacks and fast foods are being consumed at an alarming rate.
But snacking on yogurt has proven to promote one’s health because yogurt is filled with nutrients besides reducing appetite hormones such as peptide YY.
2. Yogurts are loaded with good bacterias. These good bacterias are called probiotics. These probiotics or good bacterias help to protect the digestive system against disease-causing bacteria.
So give your digestive system some love by making yogurt a part of your diet. This is a great way to promote your health because many brands of yogurts which are sold in the supermarkets are under $2.00, what a small price to pay to receive such huge benefits.
3. Studies have shown that probiotics which are good bacterias boost the immune system by increasing cytokine-producing cells found in the intestine. A daily intake of yogurt can also strengthen the immune system by activating the T cells to fight infections.
4. Yogurts are loaded with vitamins that are so beneficial for our bodies. What I love about eating this super snack or food if you want to call it that is that because of the many assorted flavors you get to load up on so many vitamins.
Get those need vitamins in by filling up on yogurt and take your health to the next level I promise you, you will be glad that you did.
5. Yogurts are a great source of calcium. Calcium is needed to strengthen bones and teeth. Healthy bones mean being safeguarded against osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is the weakening of the bones and affects persons mostly over 40 years of age.
Calcium along with protein, vitamin D, phosphorus, and potassium are some of the essential vitamins that are found in yogurt to support bone and teeth health.
6. Greek yogurt is loaded with B12 that is important for proper brain functions. Vitamin B12 is also great for vegans because this vitamin is abundant in meats that are not included in a vegan’s diet.
7. Do you want a healthy colon then a diet in yogurt will do wonders? Lactobacteria that is a beneficial bacteria which is found in yogurt is responsible for this.
8. Put a stop on yeast infection, a daily intake of yogurt that is low in sugar contains live and active cultures that reduce the amount of yeast which decreases the chance of vaginal yeast infection.
9. To get rid of dandruff using a 1/2 cup of plain yogurt combined with skinned papaya and apply to your hair. Let sit for half an hour and rinse with a mild shampoo, will give you healthy hair.
10. Do you want healthy-looking skin? then applying yogurt to your face in a circular motion has proven to benefit the skin. The lactic acid that is found in yogurt will help hydrate the skin.
Some fun facts about yogurts
1.Yogurt can be eaten just as is or with fruits, ice cream, or place in smoothies.
2.Yogurts come in so many fruity flavors.
3. Yogurts are mostly eaten at breakfast time.
4. Did you know that yogurt is milk that has been fermented and mixed with Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophiles which are good bacterias that help the body to fight bad bacterias?
5. The yogurt industry earns billions of dollars a year. Now that’s a lot of yogurts being consumed.
6. If you believe that yogurt has just come around think again. A report has it that yogurt has been around since 6000 BC.
7. Yogurts are used as an ingredient in other foods.
8. Twenty percent of Americans eat yogurt every day.
9. Yogurt is considered to be alive because of the good bacterias it contains.
10. February 16th is known as national yogurt day.
These are just a few fun facts about yogurts.
There are many flavors of yogurts that are so delicious and beneficial to our health. Some of these flavors are.
- Pina colada
The final word
What a great way to start your day and promote your health than with yogurts. This superfood is enjoyed by so many around the world. Yogurt is a super snack that comes in assorted flavors.
It’s just so amazing to think that bacterias are included in yogurts, these bacterias are the good bacteria so who says there are no good bacterias. Let’s include these good bacterias in our diet to help our bodies in their defense against infection besides loading up on these vitamins and receiving all those great benefits.
About the author
Norman loves being in the garden, both at home and for his job....
he is 'Natures Little helper' being outdoors, growing his vegetables and flowers from an early age.
Now having spent over 22 years in the profession he want to give some of his knowledge to others...
his vast array of hints and tips you will find scattered over this site will help you no end growing plants in your garden.