Living a healthy life
Living a healthy life is a must if we are to enjoy life to the fullest, That’s why it is so important we do all that we can to promote good health. The key to living a healthy lifestyle is through diet and exercise.
We are what we eat, so if we are not eating healthy and ignoring all those other laws that govern good health we will be headed for trouble. I have seen many ignore the rules of good health and paid dearly for it.
But that doesn’t have to be your story, now is the time to do something about your health. When we eat right and exercise we will feel good about ourselves and it will give us a more positive outlook on life.
Food really matters and as was said earlier we are what we eat, therefore we must be very careful about what we let pass our teeth and gums. Someone once said that “we dig our graves with our fork and knives.”
This is so true, unfortunately. We need to learn to say no and walk away, but what gets most people is how it looks, smells, and tastes. If we train our minds to think this way then we will be in serious trouble.
So first things first, living a healthy lifestyle through diet and exercise all starts in the mind. If we can only get our thoughts under control we will be in the right position to live a healthy and happy life.
I have written many articles that address these issues, here are a few you can check out. Foods that promote healthy hearts, Flavoring foods the healthy way, Cleansing with fruits. These are just a few of the links to my website. There is more for you to enjoy, just visit my site and have a look around.
What is a Balanced Diet?
Having a balanced diet is more than just grabbing a cup of coffee and a donut or toast. A balanced diet is one that will start you off well in the morning and then you continue through with lunch and then dinner. Someone once put it this way.
“Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen, and dinner like a pauper”.
Breakfast should be the biggest meal, lunch should be light and dinner should be the lightest meal of the day. If you’re tempted to eat after eight pm then you should have a fruit or fruit salad or a vegetable salad. Keep it simple, it is good for your health.
1. Breakfast – Breakfast should consist of whole grains, fresh juice, and fruit or eggs without the egg yolk, whole wheat toast, juice, and fruit. It would also be good to include herbal tea. For more information on herbal tea follow this link. The benefit of herbal tea. Just think healthy and mix it up each morning if you can, this should be fun, and remember you are the one benefiting from this diet.
2. Lunch- Lunch should consist of a vegetable salad, or if you prefer a chicken salad, a glass of water, a fruit or fruit juice or brown rice, a piece of baked chicken, fish or a salad or what about a turkey sandwich on whole wheat along with a salad and some water with fruit juice. Remember again think healthy and mix it up. Have fun while doing this, it will pay off big time.
3. Dinner- Dinner can be a piece of meat like chicken, fish or turkey, also vegetables, brown rice or pasta along with a glass of water or fruit juice. Mix it up and have fun. Eat-in small portions, do not eat to the point until you are stuffed or feel like your going to burst,
this is not good for your digestive system. Make sure and drink 6-8 glasses of water. For more information on the benefits of water follow this link. Your health and water.
What about exercising?
Exercising is so important because staying physical can really do a lot for our bodies, it is good to keep our heart rate up. Back in the day or many generations ago persons lived long lives, even in their 70s and beyond they were healthy because they stayed active.
In this day and time of modern convenience, many people are becoming sick because their bodies are always almost immobilized. For example, instead of taking the stairs, we take the elevator.
We go to the supermarket and look for the closest parking space by the door to park instead of parking away from the door to get that few minutes of exercise before we reach the entrance of the supermarket.
I am not saying that we should look like Arnold Schwarzenegger or like this guy here, but we should a least find simple ways to keep our heart rate up.
There are so many ways we can get a good workout, what about starting a walking or jogging program or what about getting involved in some type of sports or activity, there are so many to choose from. Example. Basketball, Tennis, football, swimming, going on a nature walk, biking, and so on I mean the list is endless when you think of starting an effective exercise program. In fact, when you have a daily routine of exercise you have more energy, your rest is more peaceful and you will feel totally revived the following morning.
You are more alert, your mind is much clearer, you have a more positive outlook on life, everything just feels good, this is the way it should be.
what happens when we are not active?
1. When we are not active, we tend to gain weight.
2. Have less energy.
3. Always feel tired.
4. Not alert as we should be.
5. Feel more tired even though we might have gotten the required amount of sleep.
6. Our muscles will become weak and shrink because we are not using them as we should.
7. Increase the risk of disease because the immune system is weak.
The final word
Diet and exercise go hand in hand we can not have one without the other but together they both complement each other, so if you haven’t started as yet it is not too late. Now is the time to get on the road to good health and enjoy life to the fullest as it was meant to be.
About the author
Norman loves being in the garden, both at home and for his job....
he is 'Natures Little helper' being outdoors, growing his vegetables and flowers from an early age.
Now having spent over 22 years in the profession he want to give some of his knowledge to others...
his vast array of hints and tips you will find scattered over this site will help you no end growing plants in your garden.